Lewisburg, PA (July 24, 2012) - What better way to reduce pack weight than by replacing two pieces of essential gear with one ultralight one. Designed to perform double duty as a water bottle and cooking pot, the BOT does just this while offering other features to make backpacking a lighter, easier, and more enjoyable experience.
Made of uncoated titanium and weighing in under 5 oz., the BOT features a screw-top lid that flips to double as a cooking pot lid. To seal in liquid, the BOT utilizes a temperature resistant O-ring that will not melt when exposed to high heat. Its one liter capacity, shape, and size make sterilzing water, cooking, and cleaning easy while still fitting in most water bottle pockets.
Design advantages include:
- a titanium screw-top lid with heat-resistant O-ring that seals in water and doubles as a cooking pot lid when flipped upside-down to speed up cooking time and fuel efficiency;
- a wide mouth to make cooking, cleaning, and using a lot easier (can fit an entire hand inside it while still fitting in most water bottle pockets);
- a wide base to provide greater stability on a stove;
- a convenient 1.0 liter capacity to make measuring, cooking meals, and sterilizing water more convenient; and
- titanium construction makes it strong, corrosion resistant, and durable while extremely light (titanium has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any metal). Weighing in at 4.7 oz with lid for a 1 liter capacity, a similiar size stainless steel bottle without the lid weighs almost twice as much!
In addition to the design advantages above, the BOT offers:
- significant weight savings due to its material and construction while replacing two essential pieces of gear for one;
- cost savings on buying multiple pieces of gear. One BOT replaces a water bottle and cooking pot saving the cost of buying both. Sterilizing water by boiling also saves on the financial and weight costs of water filters, purifiers, and chemicals. With care the BOT will last many years covering the costs of replacement water bottles and pots made of other materials; and
- convenience. The BOT is made to offer convenience to the ultralighter through its simple and effective design as both a water bottle and cook pot.
Titanium BOT - Bottle Pot $99.95
Capacity: 1.0 Liters (34 ounces)
Weight: 4.7 ounces (133 grams)
Dimensions: 6.5 L x 3.9 D inches (165 x 99 mm)
For more information, please visit vargooutdoors.com/Titanium-BOT-Bottle-Pot.
About Vargo Outdoors:
Vargo has been an innovator in designing and manufacturing backpacking gear since 2002. Primarily using titanium, an ultralight yet ultra-strong material, Vargo has developed a unique line of products that reflect our commitment to improve and simplify outdoor gear design and utility. Vargo brand gear has distribution at specialty retail stores throughout the US and abroad.