Fire Box Grill
In stock - Ships in 24 Hours
Go Beyond Pots and Pans
Get grillin’ in the backcountry without charring the Earth or weighing down your pack! The Fire Box Grill features a hinged grate and panel system for easy setup, fold-flat packing, and fire preparation. Just lift the grate and add your fuel. Titanium tent stake skewered kebabs, anyone?
- Burns biomass fuel
- Folds flat
- Hinged grate
- Easy setup
- Nylon carrying case
- Weight: TITANIUM 5.8 ounces (164 grams)
- Weight: Stainless Steel 10 ounces (284 grams)
- Size: 8"L x 8"W x 3"H (205 x 205 x 80 mm)
Get grillin’ in the backcountry without charring the Earth or weighing down your pack! The Vargo Fire Box Grill features a hinged grate and panel system for easy setup, fold-flat packing, and fire preparation. Just lift the grate and add your fuel. Titanium tent stake skewered kebabs, anyone?
Other features include:
- Burns biomass fuel
- Fold flat design to fit in any pack
- Hinged grate for easy setup
- Nylon carrying case included
- Grate size: 8 x 8 inches (205 x 205 mm)
- Folded size: 8 x 4.25 (205 x 110 mm)
- Weight: 5.8 oz. (164 grams)
- Open Height: 3 inches (80 mm)
Vargo Fire Box Grill and BOT Review
"A nice small package to have to cook pretty much everything you need when you are on a hike and want to avoid having a huge load..."
Do you have any Question?
I see it now. Thanks for the quick answer! Sorry to be a P in the A, but I have a few more questions. I'm a packrafter and am planning a trip in a national park that mandates fire pans (even though I exclusively use stoves). I'm looking at your fire box as a possible solution to the requirement, but I'd really like to remove the grill, as it's not required by the NPS. But, lordy, how do I remove titanium? Is the grill welded, brazed, or soldered to the hinge rod? Can I separate it with a spot welder, or cut the grill loose with a liquid-cooled saw blade? Apologies in advance for wounding such a beautiful creation. I already own a few pieces of your work and love them all.
Is the bottom of this unit of sufficient size to double as a wind screen for any of your alcohol burning stoves? How about height? Will any of your stoves fit inside with the grate on? I would love to make a double purchase if this is the case, Thank you , Danny slaughter .
- Yes, the Fire Box Grill can double as a windscreen for the Triad and Triad XE only (i.e. the stoves can fit inside with the grate down). The legs for both stoves need to remain folded under for them to fit. Due to the diameter of the Decagon, it will not fit inside the Fire Box Grill.By Vargoon 4 November, 2019